- Design Agency
- Equipment & Machinery
- Family Owned
- Local Government
- Healthcare IT
- Healthcare Shared Service
- Healthcare Research
- Managed Service Provider
- IT Service Provider
- Media Production
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- TV Production
“We tested about five other solutions like Team Drive, OwnCloud or LeitzCloud. In the End, Tonido FileCloud won that battle clearly.”
-Dominik Siegert, IT Manager
STÖBER is a midsized company, which is subject to German laws. There are strict laws which forbid a company to store privacy data (like names and birthdays of customers) on a storage system owned by a third party. At least, there has to be a guarantee to store the data on servers inside the European Union.
Many employees had installed Dropbox for a fast and easy way to share data, especially with employees at other subsidiaries. But, Dropbox can’t guarantee that. The company, therefore, needed to find an on-premise alternative for Dropbox. (Compare Dropbox vs FileCloud and learn why FileCloud is the leader among self-hosted alternatives to Dropbox).
- Simple and fast solution which doesn’t need a lot of training.
- Storing the data on premise or at least to get a guarantee that the data in stored in the EU.
The company tested about five other solutions like TeamDrive, OwnCloud or LeitzCloud, which in theory, fulfilled their needs. However, Tonido FileCloud won that battle clearly as it was so easy to install and use. Are you seeking a better alternative to OwnCloud Windows? FileCloud beats OwnCloud on Windows across features, support, price, and user feedback. Try FileCloud for free!
FileCloud offers cloud services with on-premise file storage, which keeps the data in-house. Other features that FileCloud provides are cloud access on mobile devices, and file sync solution across all devices like PCs, mobiles and tablets. The UI is very intuitive and easy to use. The solution was comparatively very inexpensive. As the data is on premise, there are no problems with the law.
- On Premise solution – Keep confidential data in-house
- Secure Access for company employees within the network for data integrity
- Admin access to all activities of users
- Remote wipe of mobile devices and revoke access to users
- Data backup ensuring protection of confidential data
- Version control so that all documents and stored data is accurate and current, but old versions can also be accessed
- File Cloud offers an inexpensive and a cost effective solution